June 27, 2013 at 3:00 - 4:30 pm Eastern Time
Assistive Technology Reuse: Pass It On!
MP3 Download link: http://www.skilonline.com/images/stories/april/20130627april.mp3
Topic: Assistive Technology Reuse: Pass It On!
- Additional Links for more inofrmation:
- http://www.passitoncenter.org/ – for all kinds of information about starting a reuse program.
- http://www.resna.org/ – AT Act programs by state and lots more.
Join us to:
• Understand the positive impact safe, effective and appropriate Assistive Technology Reuse has in the lives of individuals with disabilities.
• Learn more about CILs that are conducting assistive technology reuse programs.
• Explore assistive technology reuse tools and resources provided by the national Pass It On Center.
• Identify indicators of quality for assistive technology reuse within Independent living centers.
IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs, SILCs, and people with disabilities. Watch for our next IL Conversation Announcement! Different facilitators who are currently working in the field will join us to lead the discussion, answer questions and refer participants to additional resources.
This IL Conversation is presented by the CIL-NET and hosted by APRIL. The CIL-NET is operated by the Independent Living Research Utilization program at TIRR Memorial Hermann in partnership with the National Council on Independent Living and the Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living. Support for the presentation was provided by the U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration. No official endorsement of the Department of Education should be inferred.
PLEASE JOIN US! IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
For more information, call:
Training and Technical Assistance
APRIL and the IL Net
390 Crepe Myrtle Drive
Greer, SC 29651