ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR at Access Independence, Inc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To attend required staff and other meetings.
- To successfully complete a six-month introductory period.
- To maintain a level of professionalism and confidentiality, as stated in the Employee Policies and Procedures Section of Access Independence, Inc.’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
- To manage budgetary and other financial issues relevant to the organization.
- To plan and promote activities and special events.
- To delegate tasks to employees.
- To report to the ED with any issues, problems, updates, or questions.
- To assist and manage the accounting, operations, personnel, and program functions of the organization:
- Review program services on an ongoing basis, and assist in the development of new and ongoing programs.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of organizational best practices.
- Create ongoing opportunities for staff members to provide feedback on program operations and review operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Inform the ED of program issues, changes, and accomplishments.
- Manage program aspects of the annual budget in concert with the ED, Accounting/Operations Supervisor, Independent Living Coordinator, and the Service Facilitation Supervisor.
- Assist the ED in managing Human Resources, including employee evaluations, policies, and legal compliance.
- Provide input to the ED for strategic planning.
- To provide leadership and maintain community partnerships:
- Strengthen relationship with other organizations to improve service delivery to consumers.
- Serve on community committees and boards as directed by the ED.
- To assist the ED in providing support and guidance to the Board of Directors, and serve as staff liaison on relevant board subcommittees.
- To represent the organization at private and public functions.
- To compile or prepare data for contracts and other databases.
- To perform other duties and participate in trainings, as assigned.
- Passion for Ai’s mission and ability to articulate its philosophy, values, and practices to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate interest in disability issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, or other related field
- Management experience with nonprofit organizations or Centers for Independent Living (CIL’s) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Team player with excellent people skills and the capacity to engage in critical thinking, analysis of programs and service delivery.
- Adaptability to changes in the organization’s environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have the capability to travel.
Salary is commensurate with applicant’s experience, qualifications, and the organization’s budget.
Access Independence, Inc.
Assistant Executive Director Position
324 Hope Drive
Winchester, VA 22601