Membership Levels and Structure
Seven Good Reasons to Join APRIL
- Join together with over 250 CILs, SILCs, other organizations and individuals who share your rural independent living concerns.
- Participate with your colleagues at the annual National Conference on Rural Independent Living held at different locations every year.
- Have access to information and resources (free or at discounted rates) from our partners at the top research and training centers on independent living and rural issues: Univ. of Montana’s RTC: Rural, Rural Institute on Disabilities; Univ. of Kansas: RTC on Full Participation in Independent Living, Independent Living Research Utilization’s: IL Net; World Institute on Disability, RRTC on Independent Living Management.
- Have a voice in the research, training and dissemination priorities through APRIL representation on boards and councils of the RTC partners and other local, state and national advocacy and service groups.
- Receive complimentary copies of APRIL's Newsletter, Topic Papers, and Membership Directory, Visit our website on the Internet and join our list serves on rural transportation and/or rural IL Leadership.
- Have access to mentoring opportunities, training, technical assistance, and special topic workshops through APRIL's various training activities
- Keep abreast of the latest tools for rural policy development through APRIL work with the Kellogg Foundation "Rural People, Rural Policy Initiative.