June 27, 2012
Topic: Sexual Violence and People with Disabilities: An Ongoing Issue
- Stephanie Sanford, JusticeNow Consulting
- Shelby Grau, JD – Kansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Gary West, JD – Kansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
Join us to:
- Discuss the prevalence of sexual violence against people with disabilities.
- Examine ways in which organizations can promote safety in policy and practice.
- Explore potential legal options for sexual violence survivors.
- Understand the importance of CILs in addressing violence in the lives of people with disabilities.
- Gain knowledge concerning how to connect with other organizations in your local community.
Call in from a quiet location and join the discussion or feel free to just listen in. IL Conversations is a CIL-Net presentation hosted by APRIL in cooperation with ILRU and NCIL, and provides IL practitioners with an opportunity to talk with colleagues about the nuts and bolts of running a center for independent living and providing core and other services, as well as to address broader state and national issues impacting CILs, SILCs, and people with disabilities. Watch for our next IL Conversation Announcement! Different facilitators who are currently working in the field will join us to lead the discussion, answer questions and refer participants to additional resources.
IL Conversations originated with the University of Arkansas, CURRENTS.
For more information, call:
Training and Technical Assistance
390 Crepe Myrtle Drive
Greer, SC 29651