Thank you APRIL Members and Supporters for making this year’s Conference in Reno one of the best ever!
This year, our 18th annual conference on rural independent living was held in Reno, Nevada. Our thanks go out to all the 277 IL’ers who were in attendance from 38 states including 35 youth with disabilities from across the nation. We had a dynamic lineup of workshops from Bullying to Rural Transportation and everything in between, and heard nothing but great feedback from conference attendees. So, a special THANK YOU goes out to all our impassioned presenters. During our closing breakfast Monday, the youth were able to drum up pledges to bring an additional 35 youth to our 2013 conference!! For those who support the APRIL Conference financially, please know that we could not do it without you!! Your continued support is incredibly important to the success of APRIL and it is very much appreciated. We realize how lucky we are to have all your support and hope we can continue to count on you in the future!
Mary Olson (L), Earl Walden Award Winner and Kendra Hoar (R), Linda Gonzales Award winner
See you next year in Tulsa!!
Thanks for all you do,
Billy, Elissa, Kathy and the APRIL Board
The 2012 APRIL Conference was held in
Reno/Lake Tahoe, NV
Grand Sierra Resort & Casino
2500 E. 2nd Street/Reno, NV 89595
- *Pre Con is Friday, October 5th
- *Full conference is Saturday, October 6th thru Noon Monday, October 8th
- *Room Rate is $89.00 / night + 13% tax = $100.57
- *Reservation deadline: Sunday, September 2, 2012
- *Please mention APRIL Conference when making reservations.
- *Reservations Line: 1-800-648-5080
- *The Reno Airport is only a few minutes from the hotel = less than 2 miles.
- ***P. S. Lake Tahoe is only a short drive from the hotel = less than ½ hour!!!***
- 2012 APRIL Conference Registration
- 2012 Important Conference Hotel Information
- 2012 Support Letter
- 2012 General Exhibitor Information
- 2012 Earl Wladen Award
- 2012 Linda Gonzales Award for Outstanding Rural Youth
- 2012 Call for Workshops
- APRIL Youth Conference flyer
- APRIL Youth Donation Sponsorship Letter